Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tambourines and Elephants . . .


The Baltimore reading at the 1818 gallery went ridiculously well. Tons of people showed up, tons of beers were drunk, and tons of books were sold. Thank you Adam for setting it up.

I was the last of eight authors to read. Here’s the list with links to their stuff:

Blake Butler

Joseph Young

Jen Michalski

Chris Toll

Stephanie Barber

Ric Royer

Andy Divine

It was one of those nights that can trick a person into thinking the things they do actually matter.


Baltimore was such a good time that I decided to stay in town through Friday night. I wandered around the city all day on Friday, repeatedly getting lost and finding myself again.

On Friday night a group of us went to see two really sexy plays by Theresa Columbus.

The only bad part of Baltimore was the paintings in the lobby outside the theater. They were good, but all the men’s penises were huge. Adam and I stood staring at them for a few minutes while waiting for the rest of our group to exit the theater. The sense of inadequacy we both felt was palpable.


I had a reading in Raleigh on Saturday. I’ll be posting a post about that Tuesday evening because I’ve recently learned that blog traffic goes way down on the weekends when people aren’t looking for things to distract them from their office jobs.

Way to go, America’s workforce . . . way to go. Keep that productivity low.

2 comments:

gina riri said...

Yay, glad it went well! There's nothing you and that fanny pack can't do.

michelle said...

HA!